Kenneth Lipstock, M.D.
Meet your hometown LASIK pioneer: Dr. Lipstock!
- Graduate of MCV/VCU Medical School and Ophthalmology Residency
- International fellow under Luiz Ruiz, inventor of LASIK instrument
- Director of MCV Department of LASIK
Dr. Lipstock was the first Virginia surgeon to:
- Perform LASIK
- Correct astigmatism and farsightedness with LASIK
- Perform bifocal LASIK procedure
- Routinely provide topical anesthesia for cataract surgery (along with Dr. Stevens)
Dr. Lipstock was the first Richmond surgeon to:
- Perform blade-free LASIK
- Utilize the revolutionary iDesign LASIK technology
Dr. Lipstock’s comprehensive research explaining the theoretical risks and benefits of Laser Cataract Surgery has helped to influence the way surgeons approach laser-assisted cataract surgery worldwide.