Kenneth Lipstock, M.D.
Meet your hometown LASIK pioneer: Dr. Lipstock!
- Graduate of MCV/VCU Medical School and Ophthalmology Residency
- International fellow under Luiz Ruiz, inventor of LASIK instrument
- Director of MCV Department of LASIK
Dr. Lipstock was the first Virginia surgeon to:
- Perform LASIK
- Correct astigmatism and farsightedness with LASIK
- Perform bifocal LASIK procedure
- Routinely provide topical anesthesia for cataract surgery (along with Dr. Stevens)
Dr. Lipstock was the first Richmond surgeon to:
- Perform blade-free LASIK
- Utilize the revolutionary iDesign LASIK technology
Dr. Lipstock’s comprehensive research explaining the theoretical risks and benefits of Laser Cataract Surgery was presented internationally and helped influence the way surgeons approach laser-assisted cataract surgery worldwide.