Steps We Are Taking to Keep You Safe From COVID-19
We have invested in advanced technology and protocols to keep you safe.
We want you to know that your health and well-being is our top concern. In following the recommendations provided by the Virginia Department of Health and the CDC, we have implemented new protocols and the latest technology to protect the health of our patients and our team.
Ultraviolet Light Sterilization Of The Air & HVAC Improvements
Ultraviolet light kills coronavirus and it has been used effectively for decades and recommended by the CDC for worldwide use. We have installed specialized ultraviolet light sterilization fixtures to continually sterilize the air within our building. We are proud to be one of the first surgery centers in Virginia to provide this technology for the safety of our patients. Our air conditioning systems have been upgraded to have a more advanced filtering system. We are proud to have this multi-layered defense system against the spread of airborne bacteria and viruses like COVID-19. For a deeper dive into the science and technology of UV light sterilization read more here.
A six-foot distancing rule has been recommended by the CDC standard to reduce the spread of COVID-19. To facilitate this recommendation, our new protocols are aimed at limiting the number of people in the office at any one time and shortening the amount of time while in the office.
Step 1: Your Phone Registration Call
This is a required step that must be completed prior to coming for your in-office exam Our team will call you approximately 3 days prior to your in-office visit. If you do not complete this portion, you may be asked to reschedule your visit with the doctor.
Please have the following available:
- Your insurance card
- Your medication list
- Be ready to answer a few health history questions
This will allow us to bring you straight back past the waiting room for testing or to see the doctor when you arrive for your scheduled in-office exam.
Step 2: Your In-Office Doctor Visit
- Once you have arrived in our parking lot please call our office from your car (804-288-1543). You will be told to wait in your car until the doctor is ready to see you.
- When the doctor is ready a staff member will call you and briefly review any changes in your history over the approximately three-day period since your registration call. Note: At LLCC we will not be treating active, symptomatic COVID-19 patients. All these patients will be cared for compassionately and comprehensively. We will make the proper referrals if their ocular problem is an urgent one, otherwise, their appointment will be postponed until after they have recovered.
- You will then be asked to come to our entrance. Guests will not be allowed inside the building unless they are essential to you having your exam completed. We kindly ask that they stay at home or wait in the car.
- All patients and visitors will be given a medical quality mask to put on.
- Upon entering the building, a technician will take your temperature with an infrared reading thermometer.
- You and the technician will then clean your hands with the Purell automated dispenser located at the entrance.
- Protective guards have been installed on all testing equipment to shield from the transfer of germs.
- To minimize risk, we ask that talking is kept to a minimum, and while in closer contact with the examiner we kindly ask you do not talk at all.
- We have installed automatic faucets, paper towel dispensers, and soap dispensers.
All these efforts are for the utmost safety and wellness of our patients and our team. We hope that you stay well and feel confident that you are safe when you visit Lipstock LASIK & Cataract Center. We look forward to seeing you soon!
If you have any questions please contact us at 804-288-1543.