Laser Cataract Surgery
Types of Cataract Surgery
Ultrasound-based cataract surgery
Ultrasound based cataract surgery, also called phacoemulsification (PEM) utilizes a small ultrasonic probe that dissolves the lens with sound waves so it can be gently washed away.
- Traditional cataract surgery is patient-friendly
- The procedure is cost-efficient for many people
To learn if classic Ultrasound (PEM) Cataract Surgery is right for you, contact us.
Laser-based cataract surgery
Laser-based cataract surgery uses femtosecond laser technology, remove the front portion of the lens capsule, and soften the clouded lens. Next the ultrasound phacoemulsification device is still needed to complete the removal of the cataract. Laser cataract surgery is referred to as Femtosecond Laser Assisted Cataract Surgery, or FLACS.
- FLACS takes longer than traditional cataract surgery.
- The procedure costs more than traditional cataract surgery.
- FLACS does not add to the safety or accuracy of the procedure.
To learn if Femtosecond Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery (FLACS) is right for you, contact us.
With the assistance of advanced cataract procedures from Lipstock Lasik & Cataract CenterContact Us