Meet Dr. Lipstock
Your Hometown LASIK Pioneer: Dr. Lipstock
It’s rare to have access to a true pioneer of medical technology living right in your community, but that’s exactly what Richmond residents have. Dr. Kenneth Lipstock was Virginia’s first LASIK surgeon and one of the first in the United States to perform LASIK. Since 1986 Dr. Lipstock has provided outstanding vision care, performing thousands of successful vision correction procedures. Today he is recognized as one of the leading LASIK and PRK surgeons and cataract specialists in the state of Virginia.
Dr. Lipstock provides locally-grown, sustainable LASIK. What does that mean? It means that he trained at our local renowned MCV/VCU and now as the MCV director of laser vision correction is now passing the baton to medical residents by teaching them the skills of LASIK and PRK surgery that he learned while training abroad with the actual inventor of LASIK.
Because he is a local doctor, he is always on call and always available to care for his patients, unlike other surgeons who are flown in from out-of-state for specific surgery days. He views every patient not as a corporate number, but rather as important individuals with unique visual needs. He works hard each and every day to help his patients meet their vision goals.
As a comprehensive ophthalmologist, Dr. Lipstock provides a full range of advanced eye care services, including LASIK, PRK, blended vision, ‘No Needle, No Stitch, No Patch’ cataract surgery, glaucoma, macular degeneration, dry eye, corneal and retinal disease, comprehensive eye exams and more.
More Facts About Dr. Lipstock
- Richmond`s LASIK pioneer
- The first surgeon in Virginia to perform LASIK in 1995
- First surgeon in Richmond to perform blade-free custom LASIK in 2005
- One of the only surgeons in the world to perform bifocal LASIK
- Trained internationally years ago with the actual inventor of LASIK
- Co-founder of the International Center of Refractive Surgery in 1996, a surgeon training center for LASIK, along with Luiz Ruiz, M.D., the inventor of the microkeratome instrument that made LASIK possible
- Director of MCV/VCU`s LASIK Surgery Department
- Has performed LASIK on his wife, two of his children and all the eligible employees of Lipstock LASIK & Cataract Center
- Treats cases referred by other LASIK surgeons and has a well-founded reputation among his peers as one of the leading eye surgeons in the region
- Internationally recognized for his research on laser-assisted cataract surgery
- Winner of multiple national and local top doctor awards
- Personally meets and cares for every patient, from initial consultations to post-surgical appointments
Up-Front, Honest Information
Dr. Lipstock is 100% up-front and honest about LASIK technology options and the true cost of LASIK. Rather than trying to lure patients in with low price LASIK offers (even though he does offer $250 LASIK to those who qualify), he works hard to educate patients on what type of service, doctor experience, technology and overall care you might get if you choose low priced LASIK. Most importantly, he is quick to explain that wherever $250 LASIK is available, only patients who are nearsighted and have very low prescriptions will even qualify for low priced LASIK.