The Customizable Light Adjustable Lens is Now Available
Greatly minimize your need for eyeglasses after cataract surgery!
The Problem: Cataracts
If you’ve been diagnosed with cataracts, you are not alone. Cataracts are part of the normal aging process; most people have cataracts in both eyes by age 60. This condition occurs when your clear, natural lens becomes cloudy due to the build-up of proteins in your eye.
When cataracts first appear, they will not affect your vision at all. Over time, it becomes increasingly difficult for light rays to pass through the lens onto your retina (the back layer of your eye). Eventually, your lenses will begin to yellow and you’ll experience cloudy vision and problems with glare – especially when driving at night. If your cataracts are significantly affecting your vision and your ability to enjoy life, it will be time for cataract surgery.
Schedule a Cataract Evaluation
Enter Promo code LAL100 to get $100 off the Light Adjustable Lens Procedure. You can also call (804) 288-1543 to schedule, please mention LAL100 to get your special offer. ( $50 per eye must be deemed a candidate for the Light Adjustable Lens).
The Solution: Cataract Surgery with the Light Adjustable Lens
Cataract surgery involves the removal of your cloudy lens so it can be replaced with a clear Intraocular Lens (IOL). There are many different options for lens replacements – some that can actually reduce your dependence on glasses after surgery. The new Light Adjustable Lens is one such replacement lens option. The New Light Adjustable Lens is twice as accurate at doing this as any other IOL available today.
The Light Adjustable Lens (LAL) is the first and only FDA approved IOL that can be adjusted after cataract surgery for a very precise and customized result.
Benefits of the Light Adjustable Lens
- Optimize your vision after cataract surgery
- Lenses are made of photosensitive material that responds to UV light
- Lens shape can be altered using special UV light to achieve your clearest vision possible
- Preview possible vision outcomes prior to treatments
- Light treatments are painless, non-invasive and quick (90 seconds)
- Most patients don’t need glasses after surgery (even readers!)
How it Works
The Light Adjustable Lens is made of a special photosensitive material that changes the shape and power of your implanted lens in response to ultraviolet light. With a safe and painless 90 second UV light exposure, we are able to change the shape of the LAL to achieve better vision results. Light treatments are delivered in our office with the revolutionary Light Delivery Device (LDD).
What to Expect
- Approximately 3 weeks after surgery, once your eye has healed, you will return to our office to have your vision tested.
- You’ll be able to preview and compare possible vision outcomes based on your preference and lifestyle requirements and select your appropriate prescription.
- We will then apply a light treatment that precisely shapes your implanted lens based on the visual correction needed to target your custom prescription.
- You may need 2-4 light treatments over a period of 3-6 weeks to reach your vision goals.
- You will be provided with UV protective eyeglasses to wear to shield your lens from daily UV exposure.
- After this time, the final light treatment will lock the IOL shape in place and you will be seeing clearly!
To learn more, schedule an appointment with Lipstock LASIK & Cataract Center now!